I just got back from a Western Caribbean Cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas and Wow! What an amazing ship!! A few of the many really cool ship highlights are the FloRider, Ice Skating Rink, Rock Climbing wall, Royal Promenade and 9-hole miniature golf course. The FloRider is one of the coolest ship highlights and it’s not only fun for the riders but for the spectators as well. This video will sum up why.
The Ice Hotel in Sweden is 6,000 square feet of ice and snow making it the biggest ice hotel in the world. The beds of the hotels are specially made of snow, ice and reindeer skins. Guests sleep on these beds in a thermal sleeping bag to keep warm. The hotel is rebuilt every winter after it melts. Each time the hotel is rebuilt they make changes to it. The hotel is open for 3 months out of the year.
The Neptune Festival Sand Sculptures of Virginia Beach is an annual festival. The festival is 10 days long and includes sport competitions, arts and crafts,the King Neptune’s Grand Parade and the sand sculpture competition. Here is a video displaying some of the finished sculptures.
For more information on the Neptune Festival Sand Sculptures of Virginia Beach visit: http://www.neptunefestival.com/news.php?s=17&nepfest_main_PSID=tbuf8rntopo7g9ktipic9avt86.
Here are the top 10 places to celebrate the 4th of July and some of their best events:
- Boston: Over 200 events including Boston Harborfest and the Boston Chowderfest
- Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard: Nantucket’s Independence Day Celebration, Hyannis Boat Parade and Old Whaling Church Barbecue.
- Chicago: Navy Pier Beer Garden, Music Shell and Millennium Park
- Mount Rushmore: Tons of events; see them all here www.nps.gov/moru
- Philadelphia: Visit the Liberty Bell and the historic sites in Independence Mall. Extended viewing hours over the holiday. Here’s a full list of events: www.americasbirthday.com
- Queen Mary 2: Board the Cunard line’s newest prestige cruise ship for a 5 day Independence Day Sampler.
- San Diego: Freedom Days Parade, San Diego Country Fair and Big Bay celebration. For more events visit: www.signonsandiego.com
- San Juan Islands: San Juan Island, Fourth of July Beach and Pig War Picnic. For more events visit: www.guidetosanjuans.com
- US Virgin Islands: Parade on St. John. For more events visit: www.usvitourism.vi
- Washington, DC: Smithsonian Folklife Festival and National Independence Day Parade. For more events visit: www.washington.org