February 13th, 2008
If you are thinking about taking a road trip, preparation is key. Here are six Road Trip Planning Tips:
- Get your car thoroughly checked and serviced before you leave.
- Inquire ahead about service facility locations just in case the area has a few service centers, especially if you are driving a rental vehicle.
- Mark your route on a map in a distinct color and make notes of interchanges if you will be changing roads or directions.
- Plan for detours and delays by getting the phone numbers of state transportation agencies along your route and request information about highway construction.
- For safer driving, plan on at least a 10-minute break every two hours.
- If you plan on driving a rental car, make sure you carry your proof of auto insurance in a safe place.